Archaeology on the ground
Standards, guidance and procedures that enable good archaeological practice.
- Archaeological work is conducted in line with internationally recognised standards and guidance;
- The development management/ planning system recognises the importance of heritage assets and consistently applies policies and procedures to ensure their protection
- Licensing and consenting policies and procedures ensure good practice and quality results
- Procedures and systems meet the needs of archaeological work being carried out now and in the future
- Archaeological work is well-designed and enables the long-term research value and public benefits to be realised